Some days the cold medicine is just too strong to tax the brain with coming up with topics. And those days are perfect for quizzes!
1. If your lover betrayed you, what would your reaction be?
Um, well, ahem. In my case, I called off the wedding. And stopped eating. And cried until my face was almost swollen shut and I had to throw up. I made the humiliating cancelled wedding phone calls. Then I made a big list of things to do and got off my butt to try and do something new.
2. If you have a dream you’d like to come true, what is it?
Leaving the rat race to live in a bohemia of my own making- writing all day while my beautiful children frolick about and having cocktails at tea time with BC to discuss the day in a giant shabby chic Victorian where we all live. Of course, money is no object.
3. Whose butt would you like to kick?
I’m not much for violence. There are lots of bad guys I think should get what’s coming to them- I’m just not the one to dole out the justice.
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
You have no idea how detailed my plans for a major windfall are. The last page of all of my journals used to have lists of who got what when I came into the money. First steps- buy a great old house, a functional car, and pay off all the student loan and credit card debt in full. Then do the same for my immediate family and nearest and dearest friends. Put my playwright friend on a living allowance for ten years to give her the freedom to really write instead of working temp jobs (and to thank her for all the times she helped me out in a jam). For a mere $8 mil out of my billion, I could fund four years’ college for an entire high school graduating class. Fund a non-profit to help kids with the college apps process- I’ve gotten pretty good at this on my own, but there’s obviously a need.
Immediately start trying to have a baby. Buy those motorcycle boots I want. Treat myself to a Cartier tank watch (too pretty, but more money than I’d ever spend on myself if I had to earn it). Travel to Greece, take six months and do a grand tour of Europe. Get an iPod. Treat my Grandma to that mink coat she’s wanted for 80 years (even if I don’t like real fur).
5. Will your best friend always be your best friend?
At nine years and counting, I’m pretty confident that BC and I will stick together. As far as I can tell, there is no one else on earth who gets me and has the exact same pop culture references, along with his superhero-like ability to call right when I’m having a crisis and rescue me.
6. Have you ever been in love with two people at once?
Sometimes I question whether I’ve ever been in love with ONE person. Then again, I am pretty loving. I think the cynicism comes from the actions of the last few people I loved. I’ve never felt that torn-between-two-people feeling over anything more than “the hots” though.
7. How long would you wait for someone you really loved?
Wait for what? For them to get back from a trip? Years, if we could write letters. For sexy time? I could wait until marriage I think if I met someone it was important to, as long as we could still make out. For them to leave their wife? Not gonna happen. Move on.
8. If you won the lottery, would you quit your job?
Yes. But I would actually give them lots of notice and time to back-fill me so I could train my replacement. I really like my new boss and wouldn’t want to screw her over.
9. Who is on your celebrity top 5…you know, the ones…that if you ever had an opportunity…
Hmmm. Oddly, the first few that come to mind are all women. In my experience, ridiculously attractive men are notoriously bad in the bedroom since they think they can slide by on looks alone.
- Rachel Maddow- I’m totally hot for funny policy geeks.
- John Stewart- see “Rachel Maddow”.
- Lindsey Lohan- I hear crazy chicks have got it going on…
- Ethan Hawke- but only in the Reality Bites version, not the cheats-on-his-wife version.
- Pacey from Dawson’s Creek.
10. What sucks the life out of you?
Dreary, cold, wet weather. People screaming on the bus. The idea of cleaning my whole house every weekend.
11. How do you see yourself in ten years time?
Settling in to my own home with two adorable and frustrating munchkins, easing back on the crazy driven career and enjoying working on my second novel.
12. What’s your greatest fear/phobia?
13. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
Granola northwesterner from what I can tell.
14. Would you rather be single and rich or married but poor?
Single and rich. Marriage is hard enough without adding money woes to the strain. Also, there’s no guarantee that I’d be happily married. Only married. I know what its like to be single. (Not rich, but I’m willing to try it).
15. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Check my Blackberry. Then I smoke a cigarette. Then move.
16. Would you give all in a relationship?
Give all? What does this mean? An organ? My life? This sounds scary and I refuse to commit to this.
17. Is your career vitally important to you?
In the sense that it provides the means for me to eat, dress, and obtain shelter, yes, my career is vitally important. In the sense that I would lose all meaning if I didn’t have it… enh, not so much.
18. Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing the someone has done?
Nope. I hold grudges. I’m not proud of it, but I do.
19. Do you prefer being single or having a relationship?
Single. In generally I am much too lazy for all of the work that relationships bring about. Maybe if I found someone easy to be with…
20. List 6 people to tag
Not gonna do it. No tagging for you. If you want to answer, do. If you don’t, don’t. I don’t mind either way.