My journal recently seems to be filling up with lists on various topics. Here’s some overflow.
Things to Do
- Plan travel to San Francisco in May- things to see, places to eat/ drink
- Mail check to buy tickets for show with BC
- Buy beach towels, flip-flops, sunscreen for Florida vacation
- Clean the kitchen and entryway so the landlord can come fix the heat for the second time.
- Buy groceries so I can stop living on leftover takeout and save money.
- Pay the gas bill before vacation and mail the rent check out.
- If I am bored, invite people to do things and they will come, instead of just waiting for someone to call with a plan.
- Never volunteer to work “just a little” on vacation- unplug.
- I am not the only person in America who was sick of the blind guy on American Idol.
- Completing one task that needs done first thing in the morning at work makes me look productive, no matter what I do all afternoon.
Things about Me
- I much prefer reading Craft (RIP) or ReadyMade to reading Elle Decor because I am much more likely to make something or fix up a piece of furniture than spend more than $200 on home goods.
- Foaming self-tanner is a better moisturizer than the lotion, but doesn’t cover as evenly and takes longer for the color to appear.
- No matter how many times I say I will get up early to do something before work, I will not. The snooze button is too tempting.
- I almost never just have one drink when I say I am going out for one, so I either need to stop lying to myself, or learn to leave after one instead of three.
- I pack entirely too much into my carry-ons and then am miserable lugging fifty pounds of junk through the airport. Checked bag fees are worth the increased comfort sometimes.
Things Coming Up
- Seeing Angels in America with BC.
- Seeing a drag show in a church with BC.
- Trips to Cocoa Beach, San Francisco, Oklahoma City, and New Orleans (twice).
- My Dad’s birthday- for which I need quickly to obtain an awesome gift and feel guilty just falling back on his Amazon.com wish list.
Things to Write About
- My weird sense that life has moved on without me now that everyone I know seems to be busy being married and parenting.
- Expanding my short stories into a novel.
- The bizarre job history which has essentially recession-proofed me.
- My fall-back life plan with BC and the possibility of it becoming a reality next year.
- Trying to successfully plant a garden for once and whether it can be done.
- Taking the “live on half” Suze Orman pledge and trying to figure out which luxuries to cut to make that happen.