- Reading every bit of Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Isabel Allende that I can get my hands on.
- Shopping- I like to think I’m doing my part for the economy by scooping up all those clearance sweaters that no one else wants and giving them a home here where it’s still 20 degrees in March.
- Sundaying with BC- this past week we snuck in to scope out the gorgeous Maximillian Vanka murals before Sunday services and were charmed by the parishioners who took time out of their Sundays to show us around; we followed that with a road trip out to the Waffle House for lunch. And finally, despite the fact that he is not that kind of homo, BC was kind enough to accompany me to the outlet mall where we each picked up a pair of shoes and some clearance clothes.
- Wondering if I am allergic to the office- I was finally over my “cold” for the two weeks I was out of the building, and came back today to a cough and a pile of Kleenex to sneeze into. Just one more piece of ammunition in my plan to work from home!
- Discovering it is absurd how long I can go without doing laundry when I am feeling lazy and don’t want to go out in the cold to the laundromat. Never you fear- I have been washing unmentionables at various hotels along the way, but it’s really amazing how deep the pile of clothes gets when you’re willing to wear anything. (Another symptom of the never-ending winter? I have stopped caring very much about matching…)
- I’m desperate to get a haircut, as the mangy mop has now reached nearly to my waist. Which would be fine if I were Rapunzel, but is a little much on a 5′ tall gal with an office gig. At some point the stars will align and I will have the combination of money for a haircut, time when the salon is open, and a way to get there or weather that is lovely enough to bus it to a salon. (Did I mention I have the end-of-winter lazies?).
- Putting off blogging because I am stuck in a cabin fevered state of delirium when I’m in Pittsburgh and too cheap to pay ten dollars a day for web access when I’m away.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. How have you been?