I started to make a short, sensible list. Which evolved into a bizarre comprehensive list, including doing the dishes currently in my sink. The highlights, with the fat trimmed a bit- a dirty dozen of sorts:
- Go meat-free at least one day a week. (Today was the first, and I didn’t miss it one bit)
- Take another writing workshop, if for no other reason than to have a deadline to have some writing finished by.
- Finish one chapter of the novel per month.
- Shop Etsy first, then the big box retailers- support local and handmade.
- Sort out and read all the books I own first, before buying new ones- give away the ones I won’t ever read.
- Go on one out-of-town vacation (work-cations don’t count).
- Set up my spare bedroom as an office, instead of a storage space.
- Drink more water.
- Learn to upload the photos on my Blackberry and digital camera to the laptop and the web.
- Have prints made from all the great old black-and-white family photos my Dad has lying around, frame some, and hang them in the house.
- Buy the biker boots I keep wanting and denying myself for no particular reason.
- Do 15 minutes (at least) every day to keep the house tidy, instead of letting it get crazy and then having to clean for two days.
Wish me luck!