Highlights from a very busy weekend:
- Stayed out after class on Thursday night bellydancing until almost midnight to a live band.
- Met BC for happy hour on Friday (where I was the only girl in an all-boy bar). Grateful I had worn cute shoes that day.
- Rendezvoused with the cute shoes bureaucrats for more cocktails at a swanky lounge during the local gallery crawl. Remembered how fond of them I am. Vowed to get together more often.
- Went home to sober up for a while, only to get an invite to meet up again with BC at 11 pm. How could I say no? Poured myself into bed at 4 am. Woke up wishing I had said no to the last few cocktails. 🙂
- Crawled out of bed on Saturday for a quick haircut with my favorite ex drag queen hairdresser. Left looking basically the same but without all the nappy ends fried within an inch of their lives.
- Stopped by the festivities at Doo-Dah Days to hear some banjo music, take a trolley and horse drawn carriage ride and have a brief conversation with Mrs. Abe Lincoln.
- Went for ice cream at Klavon’s. Yes, that was me tucked in the corner booth with the mint chocolate chip AND fountain cherry coke.
- Loaded a window A/C unit into the apartment because I am tired of being sticky. I love you window fan, but you just weren’t cutting it anymore.
- Ate four pizza rolls for dinner and crashed out on the couch.
- Sunday- YAY! Grabbed my usual morning coffee around the corner, tried to make it to Dozen for brunch but I slept too late. Walked back home and stopped for another coffee on the way- gave street punks one pack of cigarettes, a lighter, and $5.
- Made my way to my favorite Thai place for the yummy Asian pumpkin shrimp curry.
- Headed to the bowling alley to kick some hipster booty with my mega skills (ok, I only broke 100 on one game- but I jumped up and down in a big X for each.and.every strike I rolled.
- Closed out with a quick beer and hit the hay.
And I wonder why I’m not “rested” after the weekend….. (a good time was had by all)